Thank You, South Orange County! Linda Lindholm has been elected to the Orange County Board of Education with 57.4% of the vote! Click here for election results.
Mayor Linda Lindholm was elected to the Laguna Niguel City Council in 1996 and re-elected to office in 2000. After serving 8 years, two of them as the City's Mayor, Linda was once again elected to the City Council in November of 2006 serving as Mayor in 2010 and 2013.
Linda received her Bachelor of Science Degree from Colorado State University in 1973 and went on to receive her Masters Degree in Public Administration in 1980. Linda moved with her family to Laguna Niguel in 1989.
She began her service to the City of Laguna Niguel by appointment to various City boards and committees, including the City of Laguna Niguel Planning Commission and Environmental Review Board. Her role as a City Council Member and former Mayor has provided her with many opportunities to serve her community at a local and regional level.
She has served as the City's representative to the Laguna Niguel Youth Committee, the City's Parks and Recreation Committee and the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor Agency.
Linda is extremely active in other local and regional organizations. She currently serves as Co-Chair of the Laguna Niguel Military Support Committee in support of the City's two adopted troops the 1st Battalion 4th Marines and the USS McClusky. She served on the Citizens Advisory Committee for OCTA. She is Past President of the Saddleback College Foundation Board and the Beta Foster Care Advisory Board. She is a Founding Member of the California Women's Leadership Association.
- 2005 Saddleback Community College Community Leadership Award
- 2005 Beta Foster Care Community Service Leader Award
- 2002 Named "Woman of the Year" by Assemblywoman Patricia Bates, 73rd District
- 2001 Trauma Intervention Program "TIP Angel Award"
- City of Laguna Niguel Planning Commission, Past Chair and Member
- City of Laguna Niguel Environmental Review Board, Past Chair
- City of Laguna Niguel Parks and Recreation Commission, Liaison
- City of Laguna Niguel Youth Committee, Liaison
- City of Laguna Niguel Military Support Committee, Co-Chair
- Saddleback Community College Foundation Board, Past President
- Saddleback Valley Unit, American Cancer Society, Past President
- California Women's Leadership Association, Founding Member
- The Raise Foundation, Past Advisory Board Member
- Trauma Intervention Program, Past Advisory Board Member
- Laguna Niguel Chamber of Commerce, Member